alleged pornstar orgy at the AVN Awards and thought, "His dad must be so ashamed," then realizing his dad is famous too. In any case, the nominees are listed below with my arguments for why they should be top-ranked.
Martin Sheen & Charlie Sheen
Martin played one of the greatest presidents in entertainment history, Josiah Bartlet from The West Wing. Charlie's most memorable roles were in a vast array of projects, such as Hot Shots!, Hot Shots! Part Deux, Major League, Major League II and Ferris Bueller's Day Off (you remember — he made out with Jennifer Grey in the police station). I refuse to rank his time on Two and a Half Men as "memorable." Why people think it's funny is one of life's great mysteries. What's unique about these two is that Martin and Charlie both starred in iconic Vietnam movies — Apocalypse Now and Platoon, respectively. Not bad.
Martin Sheen & Emilio Estevez
Kudos to Martin. Because he produced one of the greatest movie hockey coaches of all time, he's on this list for a second time. Emilio Estevez played Gordon Bombay, who gave us The Triple Deke, The Flying V and "Ducks fly together." Definitely one of the top two Gordons in movie history (see below for other Gordon.)
Kirk Douglas & Michael Douglas
Spartacus and Gordon Gekko. "I am Spartacus." "Greed is good." I'll leave it at that.
Donald Sutherland & Kiefer Sutherland
Donald has had an illustrious career, but what stood out for me was his powerful portrayal of the stoned professor from Animal House. I'm trying to come up with a Jack Bauerism right now, but I'm just not that good.
Freddie Prinze & Freddie Prinze, Jr.
Don't really know anything about Freddie Prinze, but he was apparently best known as the star of Chico and the Man. I just really wanted to include Freddie Prinze, Jr. on this list. His hits include I Know What You Did Last Summer, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, She's All That and the baseball classic, Summer Catch.
Now that you know the nominees, here are my rankings in descending order:
5) The Prinze family: if this list of father-son pairs was a standardized test question, thne this family obviously would be the one that does not belong.
4) The Sutherlands: Jack Bauer isn't scary enough to take #1.
3) Sheen/Sheen: Two and a Half Men is more of a detriment than you think.
2) Sheen/Estevez: The Flying V can only do so much damage.
1) The Douglas family: no question about it, this duo is a juggernaut. The ultimate compliment was delivered by Alicia Silverstones in Clueless, calling Kirk's iconic movie, "Sparaticus."