Monday, November 23, 2009

Team Bella

I watched Twilight and New Moon within a 12-hour span this weekend. I honestly never had any interest in the teenage vampire saga until I saw the New Moon trailer a few months ago. It had vampires, werewolves and secret sects -- I thought it would be just like Underworld, but without Kate Beckinsale kicking ass in a tight leather bodysuit and UV light guns.

I wanted to go straight to New Moon, but it was recommended that I first watch Twilight to get up-to-speed on all the background. So, that's how I spent my Saturday night. And it was totally worth it. I was sucked in. The moment it finished, I started checking Sunday showtimes for New Moon. I went to the 11am showing, which was quite an experience.

There were probably only 10-15 guys in the theatre, but I was definitely the only one who showed up by himself. I couldn't find anyone else to go with me! All my friends who are fans already saw it on Friday, so I was out of luck. I actually don't mind seeing movies solo, unless it's a comedy, but this was a bit awkward, even for me. When I was exiting the theatre, an employee was hawking memorabilia and Team Jacob and Team Edward gear so I'd have something to commemorate the experience. Yeah...

Obviously, I'm now a fan. My sister asked me if I was on Team Edward or Team Jacob. I'm on Team Bella. I have a newfound crush on Kristen Stewart. She's cute. I do think that Edward has a solid wardrobe. The man wears some cool jackets and suits. Jacob just runs around in shorts and no shirt, showing off his 30 pounds of muscle* like some Jersey Shore guido. What a douche.

I must say that Peter Facinelli's Carlisle bears a striking resemblance to Tom Cruise's Lestat**. He is one of the all-time greats. He's found popularity with two generations of teenagers because of Can't Hardly Wait and New Moon. All I have to say about that is, "Who's gonna want you now, Aman-DUH?!"

I didn't just watch emo movies all weekend. To counteract all the angst, I watched John Woo's Red Cliff. It was awesome. See it.

*Side Note: The Homewrecker said she and Powers are throwing a party on Taylor Lautner's 18th birthday. Guys did countdowns to 18th birthdays for girls, such as the Olsen twins and Lindsay Lohan, but this is the first time I've heard of the opposite situation. I think it's time Chris Hansen started a female version of To Catch A Predator.

**I'm probably too old to watch New Moon if I'm able to make references to Interview with the Vampire.

3 comments:

  1. I'm on Team Bella. All the way.
    -- Old Guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. new moon was terrible. they actually went out of their way to not show any fight scenes. the only pseudo fight was when the vampire pushed his brother when the upgraded version of avril lavigne got a paper cut. WHOA LOOK OUT ACTION! then when they actually had a chance to show a fight with damien marley all teen wolf said said was "yeah we took care of him" then showed a wolf about to bite edgar davids.

    the whole point of having bad ass wolves is to show some battling. it would be like watching a national geographic show for the first 45 minutes then turning it off. i'm going to watch underworld and smile

    - hgoc

    ReplyDelete
  3. twilight was one of the worst movies i've ever seen, up there with Ultraviolet and Sweet November (but probably not as bad)

    ReplyDelete