Monday, November 09, 2009

Facebook Dislike

You've probably used the "Like" function on Facebook multiple times, but if you're like me, you've been wondering when a "Dislike" function would come along. According to Mashable, that day has finally arrived. The Facebook Dislike plugin has been developed for Firefox.

Sick of all those gushing Favre & Tebow status updates while your team is sucking it up? Dislike. What about when you see people in college/grad school complain about all the studying they have to do, forcing them to take a break from their hard life of going to class and hanging out? Dislike. Friends from back home are buying houses with their significant others, yet you're still trying to figure out how to get renter's insurance? Dislike. Teachers are sad because they have to return to work after a 3-MONTH SUMMER VACATION? Dislike just doesn't quite cut it. Someone will have to develop a "Fuck Off" function for that scenario.

What's the first thing, I'm going to Dislike? The relationship status of LF, the former long-distance, online, Jewish love of my life. After a very public and heartfelt plea, she took me back, only to stop communicating with me and become involved with a nice Jewish boy.

I understand we had a few issues, such as living on opposite coasts and not really knowing much about each other, but we had a lot of things in common. We're both very close to The Homewrecker, we're Facebook friends, we graduated from U of M, we like Gossip Girl... What more do you need in a relationship?

Well, I can play her game. I'm going back to my roots. That's the last time I try to cure The Feva.

Note: the Facebook Dislike plugin is experimental. Your friends will need to install the plugin to see the Dislikes. Everyone get it!

1 comment: