Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Boat McGoat

A few years ago, the HGOC and I coined the term "Boat McGoat." We developed it for two reasons:

1) To refer to our friend's water vessel, the same one where Hooters girls told us they were obliviated
2) To pay homage to Ol' Dirty Bastard, who changed his name, yet again, to Dirt McGirt

I casually mentioned "Boat McGoat" in conversation this past summer, and someone laughed and responded, "Totes McGoats." I was very confused, then he reminded me it was from I Love You, Man. At that point, I loathed the movie just a little bit.

I enjoyed I Love You, Man. I thought it was very funny and highly entertaining. Unfortunately, Paul Rudd completely ruined the use of "Boat McGoat" for me and the HGOC. It had always been a running joke -- Food McGood, Car McGar, Shoe McGoo, etc. Now, if we ever mention "Boat McGoat,"people will say "Totes McGoats," immediately followed by "Slap-a da bass mon."

1 comment:

  1. I kind of feel like "totes mcgoats" was out long before I Love You, Man. Obviously it was out long AFTER Boat McGoat. All I'm saying is, don't hate Paul Rudd. He's a good guy.

    ReplyDelete