Monday, September 14, 2009

Music Monday Random Thoughts

It was extremely windy on Friday. Anytime it's windy, "She's Like the Wind" by Patrick Swayze starts playing in my head nonstop. "Just a fooooooool to belieeeeeeeve..."

Christopher Cross is the greatest two-hit wonder we'll ever see, even better than Rick Astley. Rick Astley's two hits, "Never Gonna Give You Up" and "Together Forever," sound exactly the same. Christopher Cross's hits, "Sailing" and "Ride Like the Wind," are very different and very awesome.

On Tuesday, all the teachers on Facebook had statuses about how depressing it is to go back to work or "you can do it" messages of encouragement to one another. You just had an entire summer off in the country that has the longest summer vacation in the world. I'm hoping to get out of work by 6pm on Fridays. Go F yourselves.

On Thursday, a lot of people expressed excitement for the start of the NFL season via Faceboook status updates. I was actually more excited for the start of Fashion Week. It's way more fun to celebrate.

I don't get this youth tendency to add extra letters to accentuate a thought. It's stuuuuuupiiiiiid.

Vanity phone numbers are no good to me. My BlackBerry doesn't have the letters on the numbers.

Fame. I will see it. Definitely.

I know the anticipation for the movie is at feverish levels, but I had never heard about Where the Wild Things Are until the trailer was released a few months ago. I have no interest in seeing it. Sorry.

I haven't read or seen Twilight, but New Moon looks pretty awesome. It's like Interview with the Vampire meets Underworld meets Harry Potter.

The MJ tribute to open the VMA's was nasty.

I have issues with the Taylor Swift VMA subway performance.
- It's hot on the subway platform. She should've been sweating while wearing that coat.
- Where are all the other people on the platform?
- Trains aren't filled only with a bunch of young white people. Where are all the homeless? What about the kids who aren't into drugs and not in gangs, but selling M&M's for the class trip to Rome? And what if a Mexican band walked into that car? That would've been awkward.
- It's the g-damn F train. The train would've been stopped by the train operator for service issues like ten times, especially on the weekend.
- It took her a really long time to travel one stop uptown.
- The alarm didn't sound when she opened the emergency door.

Lady Gaga...WTF?!

Alicia Keys has to be one of the most beautiful women in the world.

I'm way too old to watch the VMA's. I had to google Taylor Lautner. Thanks to Andy Samberg and Jimmy Fallon for that amazing flashback to Boyz II Men.

Hope you enjoy the Christopher Cross to kickstart your week. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh yes... but your blackberry will properly dial if you type in the actual word. It's smart like that. Plus I know you've been struggling to dial 1-900-hot-boys since you switched to blackberry. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete