Monday, August 10, 2009

The Real World Sucks

Did you know there was a new season of The Real World? I just found out last week, and it's taking place in Cancun. I caught about ten minutes of last week's episode. For the first time in my life, I felt old watching that show. And for the first time, I had a strong hatred for it.

The entire cast seemed like little kids. They're only 4-5 years younger, but they just came off as babies. I saw one girl who keeps cuddling and flirting with guys. Then, the next second it's a preview for next week's episode where her long-distance boyfriend comes to visit, and she's doing a voice-over saying that the thought of him is the only thing keeping her sane in this crazy household. Uggghhh...you're life is sooooo hard. So much drama. Screw you.

What the hell is real about working for StudentCity? They get wasted and hook up with randoms when they're not working, and when it's time to work they're too drunk so they just skip their shifts. It's not like they're getting fired. StudentCity probably paid some sort of fee to be able to employ them. They probably sponsored their random mid-season trip too. Please tell me about a job or life situation where someone just says to you one day, "Hey! You get to go on an amazing trip to an exotic destination, and all expenses are paid."

My friends and I are wasting away at our desks all day at jobs we hate. The only reason we do it is because we need to pay our ridiculous rents and fund our drinking, which is actually driven by our horrid jobs, and MTV is telling me this show is the real world? Change the g-damn name of the show!

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Oprah took all of her employees, plus Demoss, on a two week all expenses paid Mediterrainian cruise last month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you described about your disdain for your present job is what 80-95 percent of the working population feels. That, unfortunately, is the REAL WORLD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed, this is the worst of the RW franchise. It's been on a steady decline since...Season 1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been out of the Real World demographic for like 5 years now... VH1 is where its out. I mean Megan want a millionaire, now that shows how much I've matured.

    ReplyDelete