Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Running Burrito 2009

For the 2nd consecutive year, I am running in Memorial Sloan-Kettering's Rock & Run on the River to support cancer survivorship. I've already reached half of my $500 fundraising goal, and I'm hoping all of you loyal readers will donate to the cause and help me exceed my goal.

Here are some reasons you should support The Dirty Burrito:
  1. I'm running for my grandmother, a breast cancer survivor. I'm just a young lad trying to make his grandmother proud. Who can't support that?
  2. I like to believe The Dirty Burrito brings immense joy into your lives. Think of your donation as a "thank you" for that joy.
  3. I am, once again, offering to make a cameo appearance at a public event of any donor. The presence of an Internet celebrity will bring immediate credibility to your gathering. If you give me enough money, I'll make the appearance in my hot dog or bumble bee costume -- your choice.
In all seriousness, this 5K is for a great cause. I really do hope you'll support me. Whether it's $5 or $50, any donation will be greatly appreciated.

The race takes place on June 7, which is a week from Sunday. I know for a fact that some of you get paid tomorrow because it's the end of the month, and some of you who get paid bi-weekly will get paid next Friday. I dare you to use a bit of that disposable income on my Rock & Run campaign. If you missed my two previous links, please donate here.

No comments:

Post a Comment