Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend Thoughts

I'm not a fan of public nudity. A European woman was frolicking and jumping rope in Sheep Meadow...topless. Everyone was staring. It wasn't very attractive.

For the past year, I've had a special bond with Ramen Setagaya. I've taken my friends and family there, and I would always refer people. But alas, I found a better spot -- Minca. Absolutely superb.

If you're into ramen, check out Rameniac. It has ramen recommendations and reviews from all over the globe.

I'm planning a cookie ratings post. If you have any suggestions for places in the city with good cookies, please send them my way. Manhattan only please. And feel free to recommend places in the UWS, UES, Harlem or Financial District. I'm performing this taste test throughout the summer, so I'll be able to bike all over the city.

While checking out the Brooklyn Flea Market in Fort Greene, I realized I could never live in Brooklyn. I'm way too mainstream; I'd always feel out of place. By the way, the Brooklyn Flea has some excellent food options.

Every street in Brooklyn looks exactly the same to me.

I know I have a shoe problem because it took me 10 minutes to decide what pair of shoes I was going to wear...to return a pair of shoes.

I watched The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift. Horrendous acting. Poor writing. Awesome movie. So many hot Japanese girls. More importantly, Zachary Ty Brian had a role in the first 10 minutes.

Outdoor dining is one of life's simplest and greatest pleasures.

2 comments:

  1. Levain Bakery on 74th at Amsterdam. Their chocolate chip is a must for any real cookie tour.

    Also next time you go to the Brooklyn Flea swing by the Cafe Habbana Outpost. A must for day drinking in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Love the line about BK...I'm also way too mainstream to live there.

    ReplyDelete