Monday, March 02, 2009

Sneaker City

A friend from work, whom we'll henceforth call Tiddy Bear because he was the person who informed me of the existence of the magical product, called my desk on Friday afternoon asking me for shoe stores in the city. His friend is going to Japan, and nothing he currently owns is cool enough for the Japanese. He wanted some recommendations on where to purchase new kicks.

Just off the top of my head, I was somehow able to name about seven different stores with very specific details (e.g., Alife Rivington on the north side of Rivington just east of Clinton, nondescript doorway, pay close attention so you doesn't miss it). I suppose I shop for shoes too much.

We had an excellent five-minute conversation about shoe stores, and we were able to come up with a list of about ten different locations. He was so amped by our talk that he created a Google map that identifies some of the sneaker spots. Check it out.

Also, he shared the map internally at work and discovered there are a bunch of sneakerheads, so hopefully this thing will become more robust in the coming weeks. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment