In the end, I went with the "Awake" template from Blog Bulk. I liked the clean & simple design, and though I was immensely intrigued by three-columns, I kept gravitating back to the classic two-column layout. Also, this template was extremely easy to implement. Other designs I liked required extra steps, like editing the text layer of a PSD in Photoshop so I could get my blog name to display. I figured out how to do this, but the PSD couldn't fit "The Dirty Burrito." I wasn't quite sure what to do at that point, and I didn't like the template enough to justify spending time researching how to resolve the problem.
The other major revision, aside from the template change, was the reorganization of the sidebar:
- I updated the "About Me" section with a real picture and an explanation of what drives me to write.
- I removed my Twitter feed. If you really want to follow my tweets, you can follow me on Twitter.
- I replaced my links section with a blogroll. These are the main blogs I follow, and they will be listed in order of most recent update.
- I renamed the section for followers to "The Dirty Fanatics." I often joke that I only have five loyal readers, but according to this section I really do only have five loyal readers. Join the phenomenon and become one of The Dirty Fanatics.
- I kept the subscription section so you can subscribe to me via your feed readers.
I hope you like it.