Sunday, December 07, 2008

Manny Monday

Back in 2006 when I was living in the motherland and working at The Agency, I met Manny Pacquiao, fresh from his victory over Erik Morales, and got my dad the above autographed boxing glove WITH the personal callout. I think that is extremely clutch and indicative of my worth as the first-born. This should really bolster my chances of finally getting him to fulfill my annual Christmas request to pay my January rent. (Please. Rent is only a little over $1100. The glove is priceless.)

Obviously, I'm super happy that Manny destroyed yet another Mexican in the boxing ring last night. However, I need to know one thing - will his official nickname still be "Pacman," or does he prefer "The Mexicutioner?" I personally prefer "Pacman."

Now onto the music. This week marks the beginning of my Christmas song countdown, where I'll give you my three favorite Christmas songs.

I'm not a music critic, so I'm not going to start picking songs because they're incendiery or transcendent. My criteria for including songs on the list are pretty simple. They just have to make me feel happy or warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Number 3 is "The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)" by Alvin & the Chipmunks. I love those little guys. My mother played this song every Christmas and it reminds me of when El Burrito Grande and I were children and actually excited to help put the fake tree together and decorate it. Those were the days...

(Side note: Did anyone ever have the Sesame Street Christmas album? That was another favorite of mine. The Count singing "All I Want for Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth)" is amazing. Though it didn't make it into my top 3, it's still one of the finest Christmas songs of our time.)

2 comments:

  1. I consider myself a Christmas music aficionado, if you will. Let me just say - excellent choice for the number three spot. Looking forward to the next two music mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep dreaming...the autographed pacman glove are plentiful. Just on the PPV promo for the fight, they showed a fan drive 5 miles to meet the pacman and left with an autographed glove!

    ReplyDelete