Monday, December 22, 2008

Last Christmas

My choice for the greatest Christmas song ever is “Last Christmas” by Wham! (Side note: Do I end the sentence with the exclamation point or period? I’ve never had to deal with a punctuation mark being part of a musician’s name.) This song and video are perfect in every way. The ski lodge premise with ugly sweaters and cozy fireplaces, combined with the beautiful voice and lyrics of George Michael make for the perfect Christmas song.


I apologize for the quality of this post. I got really drunk last night, and I’m still somewhat intoxicated. I’m now home in Michigan. I held a high school-themed party last night at my parents’ place. By high school-themed, I mean that the dress code was limited to clothes you wore in high school.


I dressed in a Structure shirt, jeans and t-shirt, and it was topped off by an Old Navy Tech Vest. I also wore my old Doc Martens. In outfits like these, my friends and I proceeded to down copious amounts of Johnny Walker and Smirnoff.


Also, to add to the high school theme, we invited high school girls. Just kidding. My mom collected keys. It was hilarious. She thought our plan was to get absolutely hammered and attempt to drive our cars in the snow-covered roads. Parents are funny.


I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas. This is the last Music Monday post of the year. Remember, if you drink over the holiday, make sure you collect keys.



1 comment:

  1. Screw you and your rules. I am drinking and driving right now!

    ReplyDelete