Friday, November 21, 2008

Random Musings

Here are some thoughts I've had over the past year, but they never were able to materialize beyond a few lines:


I’m very happy about the new themes for Gmail. I chose ninja. The only reason I didn’t choose tea house is because I already use tea house for my iGoogle. I need to vary the Asian themes across my Google applications.


I enjoyed Pretty Woman immensely, but there is no way in hell I'd ever date an ex-hooker.


Why is leftover rice from Chinese restaurants still hard after re-heating? The rice I cook isn’t like that. Are they not using enough water?


People who use avatars are most likely Asian...like me.

It’s sometimes an adventure paying restaurant bills with visitors. For whatever reason, New Yorkers just divide the bill evenly as long as everyone ordered comparably priced items. It’s not because we’re rich, it’s because it’s easier. (We have no problem paying upwards of $1000 to rent a room the size of a broom closet, so the bill really isn’t a big deal.) Sometimes, visitors aren’t down for this method. They will calculate how much they actually ordered and will only want to pay that amount. This is tremendously annoying. When in Rome...

I mean...how DO you talk to an angel? People would think you're crazy.


What is the one thing Meatloaf won’t do for love?


I don’t like vodka, but I really like dirty martinis.


I shaved this past Monday. I don’t intend to shave again until the Monday after Thanksgiving at the earliest. I wonder how much facial hair I'll be able to grow.


I’m an inferior Asian in that I’m not that good at math. I only got a B.A. in Economics. I wasn’t good enough to go for the B.S. This is why I work in advertising. But it’s OK because I like to think I’m still better at math than my white friends…but I don’t know if this is true.


I love unlimited champagne brunches on the weekends waayyyy too much. I may have a problem.

1 comment:

  1. I chose Graffiti. I was excited about ninja until I realized if it was accurate, you would never see the ninja...just mysteriously have your throat cut.

    I hate Julia Roberts

    I cannot properly microwave oatmeal without it exploding over the top.

    Avatar loosely translates to Asian if you shut your eyes and shake your head violently.

    I hate when people add up what they owe then forget to add the 20% tip(likely a big group) and 10.5% tax(stupid Illinois). That's an extra 30.5% they don't feel they owe. If something was on sale for 30.5% off, it would sound like one hell of a deal.

    'The Heights' was a crappy TV show. No one cares if they're crazy.

    Meatloaf will never give you his Dr. Pepper.

    Maybe you love vermouth and olives....you some sort of olive freak? Huh? You wanna stuff an olive? You make me sick.

    I shave completely about 3 times a year. Aside from that I use a beard trimmer to get it as short as possible because smooth skin is for women and baby's asses.

    I'm a bad Asian too. I don't know the slightest bit of kung fu.

    I've never been to an unlimited champagne brunch but that sounds like something I should be a part off.

    ReplyDelete