Thursday, October 02, 2008

White Rabbit

In another food-related blow to the Asian community, the Department of Consumer Protection advised consumers not to eat White Rabbit Creamy Candy. The Connecticut Agriculture Experiment Station Laboratory has determined that the product contains the potentially deadly chemical melamine, which is the culprit in the current worldwide food scare.


For those who aren’t familiar with White Rabbit, think of a white, slightly softer, Asian version of a Tootsie Roll. But if you got a ton of them for Halloween, you wouldn’t avoid them. They’d be the first candies to go. Also, within the outer wrapper, the candy is rolled in a thin, edible sticky rice wrapper. (That’s correct. We even found a way to get rice into our candy.)


Upon reading this news story, I E-mailed a bunch of my Asian friends. I immediately got a response from the Rainmaker: “whaaaat? the writer of this article just hates asians.”


As you can see, food is a very sensitive issue for my people. First, Sam’s Club tries to take away our rice. And now they go after a popular childhood treat. We can only take so much. Next thing you know, they’re going to tell us soy sauce is too high in sodium…

2 comments:

  1. that's so sad. that's my childhood in a bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whaaaaaat? I won't believe it, I love White Rabbit!

    ReplyDelete