Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Robbing the Cradle

SPOILER ALERT: Don’t read on if you haven’t watched last night’s episode.


Last night’s Gossip Girl was a wild rollercoaster of drama. The episode focused on four main plot lines:

- Dan and Serena making another attempt to be friends

- Jenny and her fashion designing career

- The star-crossed love saga between Chuck and Blair

- Nate making out with Jenny


The Dan-Serena story was your typical Dan-Serena story—the two don’t communicate well, they have an argument and make up in a passive aggressive, mumbling manner. Jenny and her fashion career was somewhat crazy, but I’m not all that interested in a drama between a 15-year-old and a Blair’s mom. Chuck and Blair was super intense, as always. I’m extremely interested to see what happens between the two of them.


What I really want to discuss is the completely random, out-of-the-blue crush that Nate developed for Jenny. Nowhere in prior episodes did we see this coming. Keep in mind that Nate just moved in with the Humphreys, so if this progresses to anything, it'll be a strange situation.


Also, let’s note the age difference here. Taylor Momsen is 15; Chace Crawford is 23. I understand it’s acting, but it’s still a bit strange. I was watching that closing kissing scene between the two of them thinking, “No fucking way…this show is awesome!” But then I thought, “No fucking way…isn’t she 15, and he’s around my age? Yikes!”

1 comment:

  1. Chase Crawford would rather be kissing 15 year old boys :) (He was a big time diva when I met him therefore I he derserves this mean comment)

    ReplyDelete