Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I Saw Blake Lively

I got a text from Roommate #2 yesterday: “Gossip girl is filming tonight at Wooster and broome.”


At first, I just shrugged off the text. There was no way I was going to make the 15 minute walk to Soho, with the possibility of rain, just for the chance to see someone from Gossip Girl. But then, I got a little more curious, so I asked about the time of the shoot and the reliability of his information.


He responded: “I walked by and read a posting from warner bros. The trucks were already there. From 7 to 12 they’Ll be shooting.”


At that point, I wanted to go. Luckily, Old Guy was home. He spends most of his time doing intellectual things like reading New Yorker or law school textbooks, but I know he likes Blake Lively. I dangled this potential carrot in front of him and after several minutes of internal debate, he bit.


Game on. Two dudes in their mid- to late-twenties are spending part of their Tuesday night at a Gossip Girl shoot.


I assumed it was a street scene, so I figured there would only be 2-3 of the characters filming. I didn’t really care about seeing the entire cast. After committing a portion of my Tuesday night to this endeavor, I was just hoping to see someone…anyone. (I could’ve been watching 90210!)


Below is a list of the cast, in order of who I most wanted to see:

1. Ed Westwick (Chuck) or Blake Lively (Serena)

2. Leighton Meester (Blair)

3. Chace Crawford (Nate)

4. Jessica Szohr (Vanessa)

5. Penn Badgley (Dan)

6. Taylor Momsen (Jenny)


We got to Broome & Wooster, and the crowd was surprisingly non-existent. There were a few women, maybe about ten, in their mid- to late-twenties just hanging outside of the trailers waiting to get a glimpse of someone.

Old Guy and I didn’t feel comfortable waiting with them – Old Guy didn’t feel comfortable waiting at all; in fact, his embarrassment and regret for coming was quite palpable – so we waited at the corner speculating about the activities of PA’s and other non-acting employees of film/TV shoots.


After about 10-15 minutes, we suddenly saw the group of women walking on the street with cameras in picture-taking mode. It took us a couple of seconds, but we finally recognized the center of attention. It was Blake Lively.


She’s definitely as tall as she appears on television. She’s also very pretty in person. But while I was being enchanted by her visage and flowing blonde locks, Old Guy was busy critiquing her ass. I believe his comment was something along the lines of “Whoa! She’s got a big ass.”


Predictably, my eyes darted immediately to her booty. I must agree with Old Guy. For a tall skinny girl, her ass was somewhat large. Now, I’m not saying it was ghetto booty ala J. Lo or Beyoncé, but it was definitely wider/bigger than is to be expected. I found it fairly intriguing.

1 comment:

  1. Let's be honest. It was HUGE.

    ReplyDelete