Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hot Wheels

As a birthday present to myself, I bought a Sector 9 skateboard to add to my collection of whips. It's a medium-length board with a longboard-style design. This baby is rollin' on 76's (millimeters). It is fly. If I keep this up, MTV may feature me on the next installment of Cribs: Whips, Rides & Dubs.

Riding the skateboard didn't come as naturally as I thought it would. I believe the last time I rode a skateboard was at least 12 years ago. I'm going to be 25 on Sunday. I have a bad right knee, and my lower back hurts from time to time. Let's just say my balance while accelerating wasn't exactly awesome, and it probably wasn't a good idea to ride for the first time at night on the bike path of a main city street.

I completely misjudged how hard it is to steer the board while pushing myself. I almost veered into traffic a couple of times, and a couple of bikers definitely used their bells on me.

I guess I'll just have to keep practicing. Please pray that I don't wipeout on a crack or pothole. Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment