Monday, July 14, 2008

The Break-Up Summer

I’ve been hearing about a ridiculous amount of people breaking up this summer. It’s gotten to the point where I just assume I’m going to hear about another break-up whenever I hear a story about a couple. My roommate actually said to me the other day, “So I heard something about (girl) and (guy)…they might be having a baby.” I was floored, not because of the whole possible baby scenario, but because the story didn’t end with them ending their relationship. At this point, I’ve just come to expect the worst.

In honor of this break-up summer, I give you “Return of the Mack” by Mark Morrison. You may have been too captivated by the fly beat to pay attention previously, but listen to the lyrics. It’s a song about heartbreak and moving on. And you can dance to it.

2 comments:

  1. I had the cassette of this single...it rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record... Chunky Salsa was broken up before it was cool.

    ReplyDelete