Friday, June 20, 2008

Fine. I’ll Ask Her. You Want Me To Ask Her? Ma’am…Where Do All the High School Girls Hang Out Around Here?

When I decided to check out the link “Pregnancy Boom at Gloucester High” on CNN, I didn’t know I was about to read the most ridiculous opening paragraph in journalistic history.

There are 17 girls from Gloucester High School who are expecting children. Fine. Maybe they’re just a bunch of sloots over in Gloucester, MA. But nope. Apparently, the girls made a pact to get pregnant and raise their children together.

Let that settle for a second. High school girls are making pacts to get pregnant and raise children together. What ever happened to making pacts to get laid on prom night...without getting pregnant?

So I thought that was surreal, but then I read the following quote two sentences later: “We found out one of the fathers is a 24-year-old homeless guy," the principal says, shaking his head.

I’m also shaking my head. That’s all I can do.

1 comment:

  1. I will be sending a letter on behalf of all of the people with some semblance of intelligence to these 17 fetus on their first day of high school in fourteen or so years. In this letter will contain the article about how their retarded moms gave birth to them because they thought it would be fun to raise kids together. Don't get me wrong, I love kids. They are great for getting me a beer, picking up sluts, and beating; but you should at least be knocking chicks up for one of these reasons not because it'd be cool to have a baby.

    ReplyDelete