Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Never Gonna Give Up on Rick

I saw a story about Rickrolling on CNN video a couple of weeks ago. I don't know how long the practice of Rickrolling has been around, but I think it's a travesty and an affront to Rick Astley. I don't understand why anyone would think that mocking a man with a voice from the heavens is funny.

"Never Gonna Give You Up" is one of the great hits of our time, and I just can't believe that people want to make fun of it. The man let it all out--through his lyrics, through his voice and most importantly through his dancing. I'll admit the dancing isn't "great" in the contemporary sense of the word. But it wasn't until *NSYNC picked up Lance Bass that the music industry thought it would be good to teach white people how to dance. You can't blame Rick for being ahead of his time.

Lastly, I always liked this song. It reminds me of my youth. I never thought it was funny. I just always thought it was awesome. There's nothing funny about a phenomenal song that makes me think good things about my youth.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/1ed07edfd8

    ReplyDelete