Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Love & Hip Hop

I was ridiculing The Little Taquito (aka my younger sister) last night for watching Love & Basketball. I’ve been told it’s a good movie, but I’ve only seen the climactic last scene where the two main characters play one-on-one to determine their love for one another. Based on my little sampling, I’m not inclined to want to see the rest of the movie.

However, I recognized Sanaa Lathan, who was also the female lead in Brown Sugar, and I recommended that she see that movie as well. During my recommendation, I had an epiphany. I said, “You should see Brown Sugar. It’s exactly the same movie as Love & Basketball, except you have Taye Diggs instead of Omar Epps and hip hop instead of basketball. Basically you could’ve have called it Love & Hip Hop.”

2 comments:

  1. Those are both great movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. or you could take denzel washington and exchange any of his characters in his last 20 movies and wouldn't tell the difference. man on fire denzel could very well have lead the titans to victory. he's as versatile as russ courtnall in nhl 94 (strictly wrap arounds).

    -hgoc

    ReplyDelete