Friday, November 16, 2007

Fallout Boy

For Halloween this year, I had originally wanted to be Fallout Boy. Not Fall Out Boy, the band, but Fallout Boy, the sidekick to Radioactive Man from The Simpsons.

Why Fallout Boy? I like being superheroes, but the whole tights thing doesn’t really work when you’re drinking. I have been Spiderman, and it was a pain to have to reach back and undo my zipper every time I had to go to the bathroom. Fallout Boy addresses this problem by heroically wearing shorts.

I tried Googling “fallout boy,” but it gave me the band. I tried various searches, including “fallout boy milhouse” and “fallout boy radioactive man.” What really irks me is that I tried the very obvious “fallout boy simpsons” and got results for Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson! What’s wrong with this world?

If Google had been around in the early 90s, Milhouse would’ve popped up all over the place. Now, I get stuck with a band from Chicago.

For those who are interested, I ended up being a bumblebee. I tried to be Bumblebee Man from The Simpsons, but everyone thought I was just a bumblebee, period. After explaining my situation and saying “¡Ay, ay, ay, no me gusta!”to about three people, I just got sick of it all and succumbed to the fact that I was just a regular bumblebee, not that there is anything “regular” about a grown male walking around the city in a plush bee outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment