Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Dirty Burrito Battles Laziness

I don't feel like writing "The Dirty Burrito Battles Los Angeles: Part II." Call me lazy. I don't care. The fact is that I'm extremely tired. I don't feel like writing an epic post recapping the second half of my journey.

I do have to address the fact the I have pickles in my picture for "The Dirty Burrito Battles Los Angeles: Part I." Originally, I had a story in there about one of the girls that joined us at Cabana Club. She tried telling us that her great grandpa from Russia invented the pickle. Not only did he invent the pickle, but he was also murdered by Stalin--but not for inventing the pickle. The reason Stalin murdered her great grandpa is a well-guarded family secret.

After visiting Los Angeles, I did realize that I really don't like it as much as I thought. I definitely love hot weather, but I hate driving and traffic. I realized how much I really like NYC. I love having easy access to a subway, bus, or cab. In Los Angeles, you have to call a cab and wait for it. Have you ever been cheap and decided to take the subway home after a night of debauchery? Well, that is what it's like to wait for a cab in Los Angeles. I like being able to walk everywhere too. There is so much stuff I see on streets. It's awesome.

(Side note: I just realized that on Friday night, we saw a VW Bug that crashed into a bank. That's correct. The bug just smashed straight into the entrance of a bank on the corner. It was great.)

I also like the people in NYC much better. I love having all different kinds of people. Even the ones that yell at each other on the subway. I love hearing the bums on the subway come up with the craziest stories to get money, or hearing the same bums make up a different sob story each time.

I'm rambling. I don't even know what I'm saying anymore. I'll write something better next time. I promise.

1 comment:

  1. When its 100 degrees in New York, it's 72 in Los Angeles. When its 30 degrees in New York, in Los Angeles it's still 72. However, there are 6 million interesting people in New York, and 72 in Los Angeles. - Neil Simon

    ReplyDelete