Sunday, September 24, 2006

Flab-ergasted

This weekend, I went to Quicksilver in Times Square because The GF had to find some stuff for her sister. I ended up getting a pair of sunglasses. However, this is not the point of my story.

There was some sort of theme day for the employees of Quicksilver. I think I heard someone mention Surf Day. I’m not sure, but the official name does not matter. What matters is how the people were dressed. They were dressed in beach attire. This meant guys in board shorts or a wet suit, and girls in bikini tops. I bet you’re thinking this sounds sweet. Think again.

After seeing the bodies of the Quicksilver employees, I was finally able to fully appreciate the elitist hiring practices of Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister Co. As you may or may not know, the two latter companies have certain standards for their employees and have been known to ask customers to work there. I used to think this was a myth until this actually happened to me. (OK, so I was with HGOC and this really hot girl that liked him. Who knows why he invited me to go on this date with him? Who knows why I agreed?) In any case, we were asked by some sort of manager from Abercrombie & Fitch, and we politely declined. (Disclaimer: I’m still not sure if this is how they hire people. My statements are just based on rumors. Don’t take my word for it.)

Personally, I hate Abercrombie & Fitch. I do not like having “Abercrombie” plastered across my clothing. I also think it’s a travesty that Fitch gets the shaft. I’ve only purchased one thing from there in my entire life, and that was only because The GF had a gift card that she did not want to use, so I decided to use it on a pink T-shirt.

I used to buy select things at Hollister Co. I bought a polo shirt from there and a T-shirt that said, “I heart SOCCER MOMS.” I somewhat liked the store because it is rather cheap ($15 for a T-shirt or polo) and when it first started, it didn’t plaster “Hollister” all over its apparel. Now, they’ve followed the sister company and plaster “Hollister” all over the place. I also think I’ve outgrown the store. I walked in there, and I immediately walked out because I felt really old.

Putting aside my disdain for the apparel at Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister Co., I did enjoy the scenery. It was always a pleasant experience to walk through those stores and admire the prime female employees on staff. I did think it was weird that they’d make the male greeters take off their shirts and have the girls wear tiny skirts and a tank top in the middle of winter when the store opened up to the street. That must’ve been brutal. Are there not labor laws against this? Whatever the case, the females were hot.

Going back to Quicksilver, it was a nasty site. The girls had fat hanging all over the place, and the dudes were not ripped. That’s not to say I was admiring the dudes, but I’m sure the ladies were disgusted by them. I know the GF voiced her discomfort. The scene at Quicksilver was not to be admired.

2 comments:

  1. we need to find that girl

    hgoc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anorexia is and should be a good friend to many.

    ReplyDelete