Saturday, August 26, 2006

It's Gonna Rage

Episode 2 appears to have been a set-up for what looks to be the season-long sexual tension between Chase and Tessa. The two main characters, best friends who have known each other since childhood, must confront their feelings for one another—you have to be an idiot of a producer to mess that one up.

Tessa looked pretty good this episode. Even though I had originally said I liked her, I was a little reluctant to put it down in writing. After this episode, any reservations I had about her were erased. She solidified her status as an attractive female on Laguna Beach, she is not a bitch, she seems to have a great personality, and she doesn’t have a huge infatuation with any coke-snorting losers who don’t graduate from high school. Obviously, this could all change as the season progresses, but at the moment, she has leapfrogged the competition and has overtaken LC as my favorite female Laguna resident.

Although her surprise birthday party seemed like a promo event for Open Air Stereo, Tessa seemed genuinely shocked. As she walked through the door, she trembled in disbelief and excitement. I don’t think that reaction could’ve been acted out by any of these characters.

Big surprise here—Cami and Kyndra were bitches again. I found something else I don’t like about Kyndra. Her voice. It has a strange deep & raspy quality about it, as if she has been smoking for years. It reminds me of the voice of Marge’s sisters from The Simpsons.

Open Air Stereo seems like a legitimately good band. I liked their sound in the practice scenes as well as the party scene, and they write their own original music. I checked out their website. It looks like they may make it big....definitely bigger than Talan. They also don’t appear to be slackers. They seem to love their music and are willing to go the distance. This isn’t just some high school thing to get chicks. Well, it might be, but they have the potential and have decided to go for gold.

Speaking of going all out for something, I felt bad for Tessa at the end of the show. She was so excited to hang out with Chase, but then he ditched her because the band needed him. Though I empathized with Tessa, I also envied Chase. (Side note: For the last two instances where I mentioned Chase, I kept initially typing Trey. They are so similar.)

Chase has direction in his life. When his band summoned him during his date with Tessa, he didn’t even think twice about ending the night early. I wish I had something like that. Hopefully, things will work out for me in the coming months and instead of merely going through the motions each day, I’ll have more direction or clearly defined goals. Right now, my general goal is “Get rich.” How I’ll accomplish this is somewhat murky at the moment. I think the best way of reaching my goal would be to lay out a plan. I hope to do that sometime this year.

1 comment:

  1. you can start by no longer trying to find underlying themes from laguana beach and how you can draw life lessons from them. thats where id start if i were you. also, if i were you id move to los angeles. you should also grow your hair long, really long. i think itd be funny. consider it
    hgoc

    ReplyDelete