Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Boxing

I always considered myself an athletic person. I played futbol, basketball, baseball, and tennis growing up. I played futbol competitively for 4 years, competing near the top levels of my age group. I still play some recreational futbol here and there, even winning the U-23 Michigan Cup 2 years ago. Yeah, I’m not kidding. I don’t know how that happened. I have the medal to prove it if you don’t believe me. I also frequent the gym and lift weights about 3 times a week. I also run 2-4 miles on a treadmill about 3 times a week as well. I would average anywhere between 7.5-8 minute miles. I think this is fairly good for a male in his early 20s who does not regularly participate in competitive sporting events. I thought I was in great shape…until I tried boxing.

Last night, I tried boxing. And it was awesome. Punching things feels really, really good. Boxing is also very tiring. There is a lot of technique that needs to be mastered in boxing and it takes a lot of coordination and footwork. I wish I had tried this out earlier in my trip because I surely would have gone more frequently. I know I can box in the states, but I am certain it is much more expensive than the $7 per hour of personal training that I receive here. Rissa suggested I should just stay an extra couple months just so I can box…and maybe make the company outing in June to another beautiful locale. I said I’d consider it…

26 more days until I return folks…

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment