Thursday, December 29, 2005

Victory is Mine

I would like to start this blog by extending my deepest gratitude for all your votes in the inaugural blog-off. As I predicted, I easily destroyed Clean Taco. I captured 64% of the popular vote. I also want to address being called out for critiquing every point from Clean Taco and the resulting uniform posting time. I did tell Clean Taco that I wanted to post at the same time. I told him to be patient and wait, but he went and posted anyway. Since he was too excited and couldn’t keep his pen in his pants, I had to make him pay. If he disputes this fact, I have DeadAIM and our conversation was automatically logged. Don’t mess with The Dirty Burrito. Anyhow, from a suggestion by Rachelle, a new blog-off subject has been dished out by Chunky Salsa. This should be up around January 1 or 2.

I was on my way to see the DM9 JaymeSyfu office where I’ll be spending my next three months as a messenger boy and coffee-maker, and Coldplay’s latest song played on the radio. I thought it was a pretty catchy tune, but there was a part of me that wanted to hate it. There is just something about Coldplay that makes me want to dislike them. Maybe it’s Chris Martin naming his daughter Apple. I’m not really sure, but Coldplay remains one of those things in life I enjoy but absolutely despised just a few years ago. Their music is just so catchy.

Another musician that falls in the same category of enjoyable things that I used to dislike—Kelly Clarkson. She was an American Idol. I thought her career was going down the toilet after “A Moment Like This” and the box office sensation From Justin to Kelly. Unfortunately for me, she came out with Breakaway. With hits like “Since U Been Gone” and “Behind These Hazel Eyes” being played nonstop on the radio, it was hard not to notice her musical talent. I tip my figurative hat to you, Kelly Clarkson.

Reality TV is another thing in life that I thoroughly enjoy, but used to dislike. My significant other, who I will now label The S.O. because I think she has been mentioned in at least 3 blog entries, loved reality TV and I thought it was sick. But then, a little show called Laguna Beach: The Real O.C. entered my life. High school love triangles, beaches, excellent music, Kelly Clarkson tunes every other episode, and high school girls…errr, I mean 18 year old LEGAL high school girls. (Don’t jump on your high horse and pretend I’m some sick freak checking out high school girls. I know for a fact that every guy who watched this show held debates as to whether LC or Kristin was hotter in the first season, checked out Jessica’s boobs in the second season, and checked out every girl that wore a bikini. Ladies, I know many of you thought Jason and Talan were cute, and that you thought the guys from the third season are “hotties.”)This show changed my view on reality TV forever. I started watching anything reality, even a show about rich kids on a cattle drive. I started watching the Real World/Road Rules Challenge again. In an instant, I turned into the greatest proponent of reality television ever.

One last thing I’d like to mention before I break to collect my thoughts for the next showdown—the Miami Vice movie. Since I was between the ages of 1 and 6 when it aired, I’m not going to pretend that I watched the show in the 80s, though I do remember watching the opening credits. However, this preview does look sweet. At the very least, the movie is worth seeing for another butchering of an American accent by Colin Farrell…and his hair.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/miamivice/large.html

Until next time…

1 comment:

  1. hi, just wondering, what's ur job at dm9?

    ReplyDelete