Thursday, December 15, 2005

I'm Back

Hello again. I am providing a short update to let you know I arrived in the Philippines on Thursday evening. I sat next to some sketchy 49 year old white dude who led me to believe he was a doctor because he was starting a free clinic in the mountain regions. After some reluctant banter, he told me he was just a mechanic who hired the people that worked the clinic and was the provider of supplies. He also stared at me numerous times during the 18 hour trip, and I think he was watching me fill out my customs form as I had to refer to my passport for some information. I told my uncles the story and told them he was going to some region called Segada, and they proceeded to tell me that he is probably an addict because that place is rife with marijuana.

Anyhow, I will be going on a trip this weekend, and I will try to provide you with a more comprehensive update if there is wireless access. It is also looking like I may have to learn to drive around here. This means I'm probably going to get into an accident and/or get lost. Wish me luck. Also, when I go to Google, the language automatically reverts to Filipino...sweeeeet...I'm definitely returning with a pink mohawk and break dancing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment