As you know, I am currently deciding the path I want to take in life. After speaking to my uncle and mulling over my prospects, I decided that moving back to the motherland for four months to work was just too good to pass up.
You may be asking yourself how I came to this decision. The fact that my uncle has his own ad agency speaks volumes for what I can learn; he obviously knows his stuff. I did consider moving to
Here are some other reasons for me to go:
- I would get to miss the winter.
- I would get to eat a lot of food and gain my weight back.
- I feel tall over there.
- I figured someone could teach me how to drive a manual transmission and learn foreign driving skills, and I could eventually become a cabbie in NYC if corporate
- My US dollars have a lot of purchasing power.
- A plethora of new blog material.
- Hanging out with all my cousins. (Since I am the oldest grandchild on both sides of the family, I feel like my cousins just think I’m that old guy and when I see them again when they’re like 15 and I’m in my thirties, my uncles and aunts are going to say stuff like “Do you remember your cousin Carlo? He’s the oldest. He used to play with you when you were 3 years old.” I don’t want to be that guy, but I probably will be anyway. Oh well.)
- Vacation! I’m not starting until January since my immediate family will be there vacationing during December, and I intend to vacation with them.
- Maybe I’ll pick up some of the Asian skills I missed out on because I grew up in suburban
Anyhow, I’m going to hop back on the boat that I rowed to get to America and head back across the Pacific to the land named after King Philip II of Spain; the land that killed Ferdinand Magellan, the first man to circumnavigate the globe by boat; home of Amelda Marcos, infamous for her shoe collection (if you don’t know what I’m talking about, I’m sure your parents do); and the birthplace of the modern yo-yo (if you don’t believe me, then search “yoyo” on Wikipedia and see “The yo-yo in modern times”).
I am embarking on December 14 and I plan to make my triumphant return to the
You will receive a Jogging Journal, some sort of recap, or both for the